DIRECTING / CHOREOGRAPHY
Babel Laboratory (April ’16)
• Short dance quartet about Shamshuipo and identity; part of the HK International Choreography Festival.
“The Second Tower of Babel” 《第二個巴別塔：舞踏城寨 》 with Asian People’s Festival Society / Wangnin Bunmei (Sept 2014)
• Choreographer-performer in butoh site-specific piece exploring the Kowloon Walled City, a place that exists only in the memory of Hong Kongers and the imagination of the Japanese.
Noyes Fludde with NI Opera / KT Wong Foundation (July ’13)
• Assistant Choreographer in an international production in Shanghai involving a cast of sixty.
「在雲上播種」with《字花》(Dec ‘11 – June ’12; Jan-June ’14)
• Actress/Director in an hour-long multimedia school performance tour interpreting various local poetry about the city. Commissioned by literary magazine Fleur d’ Lettres.
《搬遷啟示》 (October ’11 – March ’12)
• Commissioned by the HK Family and Welfare society, this project involved working with 12 housewives over a 6 month period.
《何必呢？》with 共生舞團 (Sept- Nov ’11)
• Choreographer for an integrated dance piece – includes 4 disabled and 1 pregnant dancer.
《愛生命-坐下來寫封信》 (September – Dec ‘10)
• Director for a piece about death and dying with twelve elderly people and housewives workshopped over a four month period.
Alice Dreamosis《植夢的愛麗思》with the Dirks Theatre (June ‘09)
• Movement Director and actress in a play inspired by Susan Sontag’s “Alice in Bed.” One of five pieces selected for the Sidekick Experimental Theatre Festival.
Hallelujah with Burnt Mango Dance Theatre (June ‘09)
• inspired by the Leonard Cohen song of the same name. One of the five pieces selected by Y-space for the New Dance Platform.
(No)rwegian Wood with Underground Workshop (Nov ‘08)
• Movement director for a piece inspired by Haruki Murakami’s best-selling novel.
This Half – that Half 《這一半 那一半》with Kongtact Square (Sept ‘08)
• Dancer /deviser for a Contact Improvisation performance on a friend’s leukemia experience.
Concrete Jungle Berzerk! with Burnt Mango Dance Theatre (Jan, April ‘08)
• Director for devised dance theatre piece about the madness of urban life.
“Aftermath (with Cocoa)” (solo, April & June ‘03)
• Choreographed and performed 7 minute dance solo with live cello accompaniment
• Received Melvin B. Troy Award for Choreography
“White Room” 《白房間》with White Room Research Collective (Oct ’16)
• Dancer in a butoh-theatre piece directed by Yukio Waguri about seven patients in a mental institution
“The Will to Build” 《樓城》with Theatre du Pif (May ’15)
• Assistant to Director / Performer in verbatim theatre piece about urban development in Hong Kong Focused on the key concepts of: space, pace, functionality, spirituality and identity
Playback Theatre with 時刻劇場 (April ’13, Dec ’12, June ‘10)
• Actress in an improvisaed theatre form where stories elicted from the audience are transformed and “played back” to them.
Oh! You Heavenly Creatures 《大鬧天宮》 with HobitGoon (June-Nov 2012)
• Actress in a piece about Chinese migrant workers, involving the use of Chinese Opera principles. Part of the HK New Vision Arts Festival.
Wander, A Human Landscape with Blue Eyed Soul and Symbiotic Dance Troupe (Dec ‘09)
• Dancer/Assistant to Director for the dance piece with abled and disabled people @ JCCAC
Creation with Theatre of Silence (Oct ‘09)
• Sole hearing actress in a hearing-impaired ensemble@ Ngau Chi Wan Civic Center
The Pearl Sea Project with New York choreographer Robert Wood (July ‘08)
• Dancer in cultural exchange project with former Merce Cunningham soloist’s company
《我家有個大門神》with 亞洲民 戲劇節協會 / 藝術人家 (Oct ‘06 – Mar ‘07)
• Puppeteer for LCSD’s funded Cultural Ambassador Scheme show
Diamond Baby with Licht K (Jun ‘05)
• Dancer-choreographer in duet inspired by Bob Marley’s music. Premiered in Bytom, Poland.